I am a cognitive scientist who works in the linguistic subfields of phonetics and laboratory phonology. Most of my work is related in one way or another to speech prosody.
I completed my Ph.D. in the Linguistics Department at UCLA and have been at the City University of New York (CUNY) ever since. Currently, I am Associate Professor in the following programs at CUNY: the Undergraduate Program in Linguistics at the College of Staten Island (where my lab, the CUNY Prosody Lab, is located), the MA/PhD Program in Linguistics at the CUNY Graduate Center, and the PhD Program in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at the CUNY Graduate Center.
Recent and upcoming talks/presentations:
- Linguistics Speaker Series talk, Department of Linguistics, University of Pennsylvania, 21 April 2023
- Colloquium talk, Department of Linguistics, Northwestern University, 24 Feb, 2023
- Invited talk at the Gradience in Intonation Workshop, Lisbon, Portugal, 27 May, 2022
- Colloquium talk, Department of Linguistics, Yale University, 11 April, 2022
- Colloquium talk, Cologne Center of Language Sciences, Cologne, Germany, 10 January, 2022
- Poster at the 181st Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, 29 Nov. – 3 Dec. 2021
- Talk at Non-Canonical Questions at the Syntax-Prosody Interface (with Christina Tortora), Université de Paris (virtual), 12-13 November, 2020
- Poster at LabPhon17 (University of British Columbia, virtual), 6-8 July, 2020
- Colloquium talk, Institut für Linguistik (Goethe University of Frankfurt), November 13, 2019
- Frontiers Series talk, Department of Linguistics, Stony Brook University, 30th October, 2019
- Colloquium talk, Department of Linguistics, Rutgers, October 25th, 2019
- Talk at the International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (Melbourne, Australia), August 5-9th 2019
- Keynote talk at COFLIS (University of Bari, Italy), June 20th 2019
- Poster at Phonetics and Phonology in Europe (University of Salento, Italy), June 17-19th 2019
- Talk at the Hanyang International Symposium on Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language (Hanyang University, Korea), May 24-25th 2019
- Lab talk in Lisa Davidson’s PEP Lab (NYU), April 26th, 2019
- Keynote talk at Experimental and Theoretical Advances in Prosody 4 (UMASS, Amherst), October 11-13th 2018
- The Accent Advantage in Phoneme Detection: Importance of Local Context, Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 2022
- Autistic traits predict spectral correlates of vowel intelligibility for female speakers. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2022.