I am a linguist who works in the areas of phonetics and laboratory phonology. Most of my current work is related in one way or another to speech prosody.
I completed my Ph.D. in the UCLA Linguistics Department in 2013. Since then, I’ve been an Assistant Professor at the City University of New York (CUNY) in the following programs: the Undergraduate Program in Linguistics at the College of Staten Island (where my lab, the CUNY Prosody Lab, is located), the PhD Program in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at the CUNY Graduate Center, and the MA/PhD Program in Linguistics at the CUNY Graduate Center.
Recent and upcoming presentations:
- Poster at LabPhon 17 (University of British Columbia, virtual), 6-8 July, 2020
- Talk at the 10th Conference on Speech Prosody (University of Tokyo, virtual), 24-28 May, 2020
- Colloquium talk, Institut für Linguistik (Goethe University of Frankfurt), November 13, 2019
- Frontiers Series talk, Department of Linguistics, Stony Brook University, 30th October, 2019
- Colloquium talk, Department of Linguistics, Rutgers, October 25th, 2019
- Talk at the International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (Melbourne, Australia), August 5-9th 2019
- Keynote talk at COFLIS (University of Bari, Italy), June 20th 2019
- Poster at Phonetics and Phonology in Europe (University of Salento, Italy), June 17-19th 2019
- Talk at the Hanyang International Symposium on Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language (Hanyang University, Korea), May 24-25th 2019
- Lab talk in Lisa Davidson’s PEP Lab (NYU), April 26th, 2019
- Keynote talk at Experimental and Theoretical Advances in Prosody 4 (UMASS, Amherst), October 11-13th 2018
- Keynote talk at the 2nd Conference on Prominence in Language (University of Cologne, Germany), 11-13th July 2018